Most of my clients are great, but this one client is a bit… difficult to work with. I make ads for her company, matching the guidelines and sticking with the company style.
Still, this client needs to control everything, has always asks me to change SOMETHING even if I did everything the way she asked.I wind up having to revise a simple ad 10 times, every time. She is literally making things up for me to change and then act like I was supposed to know those made up rules she just made? And the next day those rules are changed again. These are today’s complaints:
- The exact same font we always use is now too “thick”
- A headline spanning over 2 lines has an underline that is apparently “thicker” on the second line (spoiler: they’re exactly the same size)
- The text was “corrected” to have grammatical errors
- A layout rule I’m asked to break in 99% of their ads is now super important to follow
- The spacing between lines is too short, even though yesterday she said it’s the size ALL ads should have from now on
And that’s just what I got this morning for one ad. I expect to get it back at least 4 more times with more nonsensical changes. Maybe the shade of blue isn’t yellow enough this time, perhaps the font is suddenly to cloudy, I just don’t know what it will be next. It’s driving me crazy.