Producing a quality podcast doesn’t need much of a time or money investment. With that in mind, Paul’s article on creating a podcast for people who don’t want their lives taken over by podcasting is here.
I used Pat Flynn’s complete step-by-step podcasting tutorial (here) when I started this podcast.
Quick notes on best practices for podcasts (mostly via x):
- People have 18-minute attention spans.
- 22 minutes is the ideal length for a podcast episode.
- Most podcast episodes are uploaded earlier in the week; Tuesday is the ideal day.
- Weekly is the ideal frequency
For Mac users:
- Call Recorder for Skype($15 to $30)
- Edit with GarageBand ($0)
For PC users:
- Record calls with Pamela($0) or MP3 Skype Recorder ($0) (Bryce uses the latter)
- Edit with Audacity ($0)
That’s it! A good mic, a few free (or cheap) programs and you’re all set! Throw a blanket over your recording station if you’re feeling reeeally opulent.
Paul runs The Creative Class, an online series of lessons aimed at empowering and educating freelancers.
Use coupon code CFH to save $50 on it.
If you found this episode at all helpful, please leave us a rating on iTunes.