I was doing updates to a site that someone else had designed. The client let me know that he wasn’t receiving emails from the forms on his site. I added my email and did a bunch of tests. I was able to receive all the tests I did, so I forwarded a test email to the client.
Me: Did you receive the email I just sent?
Client: No. Nothing.
Me: Did you check your spam folder? I found that your site emails went into my spam.
Client: I checked my spam and found nothing.
After a bit of back and forth still no success. He decided to switch his email to a Gmail account. I updated the email address and did some more tests with the same results.
Me: I’ve tried everything I can and your emails are sending as I am receiving them. If they are not in your spam folder then perhaps check with your hosting provider and see what they can find.
A bit later I logged into his gmail account to do other work on Analytics and such. I had a hunch that I should just peruse his spam folder. Guess what I found.
If you guessed “every email he said he hadn’t received and also proof that he was a liar,” you’d be right.