A local university wanted a logo designed for a new student food outlet selling sandwiches, fruit, salads etc on campus. They sent my agency a mood board to give us an idea of what they were going for. And by “mood board” I mean “a text description of a mood board in list form.” I quote:
Client: – Cast of ‘Glee’ – mix of all people
– Paddy McGuiness
– Road Runner – energy
– Yogi Bear – likes sandwiches
– ‘Friends’ the early years – social space
– Like B&Q, but better
– Jamie Oliver – Grab n go, bish bash bosh, healthy, trusted
– Ronseal – does exactly what it says on the tin
– Aldi adverts – compare two products in a fun way
– Morrsions adverts – supermarket trolley pushed by a celebrity.
Suffice to say, we didn’t submit a design.