I was in charge of assembling a book for the client (a museum) detailing everything done in redesigning their exhibits over the entire year.
Every contributor had text in their exhibits for visitors to read; I needed to collect these passages into the book. Since the proofs we showed the client were all JPEG images created in Illustrator, I asked everyone to send me the text in Word files so I could copy and paste them into the InDesign document.
Literally everyone but one person retyped all of their text into text boxes in Illustrator and then saved it in a JPEG format, emailed me the JPEGs, and left for their relaxing Christmas breaks.
I spent my entire Christmas break typing pages and pages of information into an InDesign file.